Fast Air Conditioning Repair in La Plata and Southern Maryland
AC Repair Services
Are you having trouble with your home’s air conditioner and need repairs? You’ve come to the right place! When considering AC repairs, there are only a few things a homeowner really wants, which is for the job to be done right the first time, on time, and for a fair price with a satisfaction guarantee.
Some things to consider when looking for a company to repair your air conditioning system include:
- A licensed contractor
- Customer service quality
- Warranty on their work
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Fast and efficient solutions
Southern Pride Service has been in business for over 25 years, serving Southern Maryland and the surrounding areas. We service, maintain, and install almost all types of air conditioning equipment, including air purification systems, ventilation needs, and water heaters.
Our trained technicians aim to get your equipment back up and running in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
Signs You Need AC Repairs
When you’re trying to determine if you need air conditioning repairs for your Southern Maryland home, it can be difficult to decipher what constitutes a call to the professionals.
Here are some common indicators that you need to schedule repairs for your home’s AC system:
- Warm air coming from your vents
- Dirt or debris buildup in your vents
- Inconsistent cooling around your home
- Strange sounds or smells coming from your system
- Leaks or pooling water around your AC system
- Unexplained increase in energy bills
If you notice any of these telltale signs that your air conditioner needs professional attention, don’t put off calling for help. These issues tend to get worse when ignored, and could end up costing more in the long run.
Instead, contact our friendly, professional team and we’ll provide fast, effective, and affordable solutions that will get your home’s AC back in working order quickly.
Common Reasons for AC Failure
Here are some common issues homeowners face with their AC systems and a few troubleshooting tips to try before calling a pro:
- Problems with your thermostat. If your AC can’t detect the correct temperature, it will likely shut down before reaching your desired comfort level. Installing a new thermostat will prevent your system from cycling on and off.
- Broken circuit breaker or fuse. You should definitely check your circuit breaker before anywhere else when your AC stops working. If it has switched off, give your AC system 15 to 20 minutes to cool down before resetting your breaker.
- Frozen evaporator coils. When dust builds up in your ductwork, it can lead your AC to malfunction. Make sure you keep your ducts clean and your air filter fresh, and inspect the inside of your unit regularly during cooler months for frost.
- Your AC has damaged components. This may go without saying, but there are many components in your system that could get damaged over time. Routine maintenance can alert you to any problems with your air conditioner before they get bad enough to render it useless.
- Low refrigerant. The refrigerant in your air conditioner cools the air inside your unit, but if you’re low on refrigerant, your air conditioner can’t function properly. It’s possible you could have a leak, so this a time where you may need to call your local professional.
If you notice any of these AC problems in your home, don’t stress, just contact the knowledgeable team at Southern Pride Service.
We’re committed to providing southern Maryland homeowners with reliable, quality AC repair services.
Contact Us Today
AC Repair Services Include:
Packaged Heating and AC Units
Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Multi-Zone Cooling Systems
Central Air Units
Choose Southern Pride Service for Quality AC Repair in Southern Maryland
We have provided top-rated air conditioner repairs for homeowners throughout southern Maryland since 1993. We’re committed to upfront, reliable, and affordable service — whatever your AC repair needs may be.
Our highly trained experts are the most knowledgeable in the region, and they’ll always treat you and your home with the respect you deserve. Let us show you the value of expertise paired with industry experience.
For professional AC repair in your southern Maryland home, let our top-rated HVAC technicians help. Contact us today for all your AC repair needs.
AC Repair FAQs
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
When the AC is not cooling, make sure the thermostat is set to cooling mode, and not “fan only.” Then check that the air filter isn’t clogged or dirty. Other possible causes of cooling problems can be a dirty condenser coil, a dirty evaporator, a frozen evaporator, low refrigerant, or compressor problems. For help solving challenging cooling problems, talk to our experts at Southern Pride Service.
Can I fix my AC myself?
If your air conditioner isn’t working properly, there are a few things you can try before calling a professional for repairs. Make sure the thermostat is set correctly and has fresh batteries if it uses them. Replace the air filter if it’s dirty, and make sure none of the AC vents are blocked. Finally, reset the system by turning its breakers off, then back on. If you’re still having cooling problems, call our team at Southern Pride Service for help.
How long do AC repairs take?
Some AC repairs will take longer than others, but simple repairs like replacing a contactor, replacing a control board, or charging the refrigerant often take an hour or less. More complicated repairs like replacing a blower motor, installing a new compressor, or checking for refrigerant leaks can take several hours.
Is a broken AC an emergency?
Summer temperatures can get dangerously hot at times in southern Maryland. During these periods, an AC that won’t run or can’t cool your home properly would certainly be considered an emergency.
If your air conditioner is running but has minor issues like frequent cycling, slight cooling problems, or insufficient airflow, you can often skip the inconvenience of an emergency service call and schedule an AC repair appointment when it’s best for you.
Is it OK to spray water on your air conditioner?
If the outside condenser unit is dusty or dirty, spraying water on the coils generally won’t hurt anything. Getting rid of the dust will make the heat transfer process more effective and allow your AC to run more efficiently. Make sure you don’t use pressures high enough to bend the delicate aluminum fins on the coils. After your spray-down, schedule a proper coil cleaning with Southern Pride Service as soon as possible.