1. What brands do you offer, and why do you prefer those brands?
Once you know the brands they offer, you may also want to follow up with these additional questions.
- Is the new system energy efficient?
- What is the SEER Rating?
- Can I expect a decrease in my utility bills?
2. What are the payment terms?
Asking about the payment terms during the air conditioning estimate is something people often forget. You need to consider your budget for paying on the new air conditioner if you aren’t paying all at once.
3. Does your company or the manufacturer offer financing?
If you aren’t paying out of pocket then its important to know who is offering the financing option. Knowing this can help you make the best decision.
4. Can you provide proof that your company is bonded and insured?
A lot of people don’t consider whether a company is bonded and insured while seeking out an estimate. However, this is important to know up front so that you remain protected.
5. Will you provide your estimate in writing, with all of the terms and conditions we discuss?
Having your air conditioner estimate in writing will give you time to consider all of the terms and conditions. You will also be able to compare it to other quotes to make the best decision for your home.
Additionally ,you need to make sure they handle all of the necessary permits and approvals with the local authorities.