Fast & Reliable Heating Repair in Waldorf & Southern Maryland
Heating Repair Services
Southern Pride Service has provided comprehensive heating services, including heating repair, to homeowners throughout Charles County, La Plata, and surrounding areas since 1993. We’re the leading furnace and boiler repair company you can count on for total satisfaction and cost-effective solutions.
Need heating repair in Southern Maryland?
Choose the best HVAC company in Charles County by calling (301) 932-4925, or schedule service online.
Contact Us Today
Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
Knowing when to call for professional heating repair is imperative, as furnace, boiler, or heat pump problems will only worsen and become more costly over time. Call Southern Pride Service if you notice:
- Weak or uneven heating throughout your home
- Loud, repetitive, or strange noises coming from the heating unit
- Sharp increases in heating costs or fuel consumption
- Poor indoor air quality or excessively dusty air
- Leaking from around or near your heating equipment
Are you noticing any of the warning signs? Call or schedule heating repair right away.
Common Furnace Repairs
Gas, oil, and electric furnaces are the most commonly used heating equipment in Southern Maryland homes. These systems are dependable and effective, but they can experience a few common issues from time to time:
- Pilot light failure: A pilot that refuses to stay lit or won’t light may need furnace maintenance. However, repair may be necessary.
- Furnace overheating: Overheating is typically caused by airflow restriction. You can start by changing the air filter in your furnace. If this doesn’t fix the issue, you’ll need to call for furnace repair.
- Short-cycling: Short-cycling can be caused by a variety of issues ranging from simple to complex. However, regardless of the cause, we urge you to schedule furnace repair as soon as possible.
Some furnace problems may be able to be repaired with little cost or worry. However, it may be more cost-effective to replace the system entirely. Our experienced technicians will provide the service and information you need to make the right call.
Boiler heating systems are equally powerful and durable, and they rarely need repair beyond routine heating maintenance. But no system is immune to trouble from time to time. You may need boiler repair if you notice:
- Boiler leaking: Because boilers use hot water and steam to provide heat, it’s possible for the boiler to start leaking when it needs repairs.
- Uneven home heating: A home boiler should provide incredibly even heating at all times. If you’re noticing cold spots, you may need boiler repair. If the system is over 15 years old, you may need boiler replacement.
Heat Pump Repair
Here are some of the most common heat pump problems our team repairs:
- Heat pump stuck in a mode: A worn reversing valve will keep your heat pump from switching between “cool” and “heat” modes.
- Heat pump is frozen: Heat pumps can typically defrost themselves, but sometimes the defrost will fail, or the ice formation will be too extensive, meaning you need repair.
Schedule Heating Repair in Charles County, La Plata & Surrounding Areas
For over 25 years, Southern Pride Service has provided homeowners with dependable services, upfront and honest pricing, and a total satisfaction guarantee. If you need heating repair, you’ll find no HVAC company more dedicated to meeting your needs.
Schedule heating repair or call Southern Pride Service at (301) 932-4925.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions we get about heating repair in Waldorf and Southern Maryland include:
Can I fix my heating system myself?
You risk voiding manufacturer’s warranties, could hurt yourself or others, and your insurance can deny coverage if your DIY heating repair leads to property damage. It’s not worth the risks. Trust a professional to ensure your system is repaired correctly.
Why is my house not heating up?
Your heating unit is an expensive appliance. With regular HVAC or furnace maintenance, your system will last longer and lower your monthly energy bills. Causes could be:
- Clogged or blocked air ducts
- Dead or dying blower capacitor
- Clogged exhaust flue
- Dirty drain lines
- Poorly installed ductwork
- Dirty filters
- Pilot ignitor broken or clogged
- Power supply or gas – make sure the gas is on and the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped
- Refrigerant levels
- Thermostat or thermostat batteries
What does it mean when some rooms have no heat, but others do?
There are several reasons why some rooms have little or no heat and others do:
- Age of the unit
- Air filters are dirty
- Air duct leak
- Slow fan speed
- Kinks in the ductwork
- Wrong size unit
- Insulation problems
- Closed or blocked air vents
- Open windows or shades
What should I check first if my house isn’t heating up?
There are several troubleshooting steps you can take if you have little or no heat throughout the house:
- Change dirty filters
- Check for odors — if you smell gas or burning wires, shut down the system and call us immediately
- Clean your outside HVAC system if it’s dirty
- Ensure the furnace switch is on heat setting
- Inspect your circuit breakers and power supplies to your furnace or HVAC
- Look at the furnace safety switch. If it’s off, your local heating repair professional will check several factors before turning it back on
- Look for blocked vents and ducts
- Make sure dampers are open
- Make sure the gas is on and the flame is blue
- Review the thermostat’s temperature setting. Set it slightly higher to see if the heat kicks on. Check your thermostat’s batteries and remove any dust, etc.