Gas Vs Oil Heat: Which Is Better?
Gas vs oil heat… that’s the discussion many homeowners have when temperatures drop here in Southern Maryland.
Concerns over the efficiency and cost of heating a home leads to asking the question of which is better, gas or oil heat?
For those who are considering the best heat source for your home, here are some of the benefits of oil heat vs. gas heat.
Gas Vs Oil Heat Advantages
Gas Heat Advantages
- Furnaces that burn natural gas are less expensive to maintain
- Natural gas furnaces are known for being higher quality heating systems that work well in any home
- Natural gas is the most efficient fossil fuel that you can burn
Oil Heat Advantages
- Furnaces that burn oil generate more heat than gas furnaces
- Carbon Monoxide exposure is less likely with oil furnaces
- Oil furnaces have a long lifespan, typically lasting around 25 years
- Heating with oil tends to cost less than gas heat
In addition to whether you should heat your home with gas or oil, you need to consider the furnace needed.
Choosing The Right Furnace For Your Home
When considering a gas or oil furnace keep in mind that some furnaces have a longer lifespan. This will prevent you from spending as much money to keep them running but cost more to install.
On the flip side, there are furnaces that take less time and effort to install, thus making your upfront initial cost less expensive.
When considering the total cost of ownership for either a Gas Furnace or an Oil Furnace, you will want to consider installation, energy use, maintenance, and any repair costs for your new furnace. Just remember that a new furnace is an investment and that you should opt for the furnace which fits your needs best.
Wrapping It Up
The gas vs oil heat discussion may never be settled.
The most important thing is that you decide which is best for your home.
If you can’t decide then let us help!
Southern Pride Service can provide you with expert guidance on how to choose the right furnace for your home. We also offer information on alternative heating systems. Contact us to ensure your home stays nice and warm during Winter .