What is Oil Heating & How Does It Work?
Oil heating refers to the type of fuel your unit uses to heat the home. In an oil heating system, the unit relies on oil fuel through the following sequence:
- Oil Tank: Oil is stored in a tank, where it rests until the heating system is activated.
- Filter: A filter eliminates unwanted sediment and debris from the oil to ensure clean burning during the heating process.
- Fuel Pump: The pump regulates movement from the oil tank to the heating unit for safe operation.
- Combustion Chamber: This is where the oil is ignited to begin heating either air or water, depending on which system you have installed.
- Thermostat: The oil heating system is connected to your home’s thermostat so you can regulate the temperature throughout the home and ensure the greatest level of comfort.
Oil Heating Services We Offer
No matter what your oil heating service needs may be, our team can deliver the top-quality solution you need to stay warm, including:
Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Southern Pride Service for the fast, effective HVAC services you need!
Why Choose Southern Pride Service?
For 27 years, our team has delivered high-quality HVAC products and services. We pride ourselves on offering upfront, transparent pricing for all of our service offerings. Not only do we provide affordable HVAC solutions, but we back each of our products and service with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Get the high-quality oil heating services your home deserves by choosing Southern Pride Service today.
Oil Heating FAQs
Is it expensive to heat with oil?
Oil heating is cost-effective because you receive a set amount of oil at once through your provider. Some providers even offer a delivery program to help customers save more on their heating needs.
Is oil heat bad for your health?
Contrary to popular belief, oil is actually one of the safest heating fuels available. Many of today’s systems only use clean-burning oil with ultra-low sulfur content.
What are the pros and cons of oil heating?
Oil heating systems often have a longer life span than other heating solutions and are even available in remote regions. However, the cost of oil has risen in recent years, and tanks do run the risk of drying out if not replenished frequently enough.
Consult with your HVAC contractor to determine whether oil heating systems are right for you.
Schedule Oil Heating Services Today!
Southern Pride Service offers the high-quality oil heating solutions you need to keep the winter chill at bay. Whether you need oil heat installation, replacement, repair, or maintenance, our team has you covered.
Contact us to schedule your oil heating services today.
You May Also Be Interested In
How To Lower Your Energy Bill This Winter
Gas vs. Oil Heat: Which Is Better?
How To Clean Your Furnace At Home
5 Signs That Tell You It’s Time To Replace Your Furnace