Heat Pump System Installation
Heat pumps are an energy-efficient, cost-effective solution for heating and cooling your home. Ideal for our Maryland climate, heat pumps will provide reliable operation year-round. We can install air-source and geothermal heat pumps.
Air-source heat pumps are relatively easy to install and involve positioning and connecting the indoor and outdoor units. Ground-source heat pumps — also called geothermal heat pumps — require a little more time to install. Most air-source heat pumps can be installed in three to four hours, while ground-source systems may take a few days to complete.
Our heat pump specialists will determine the most suitable system and optimal placement in your home for heat pump installation. We’ll prepare the installation site, install the unit, calibrate the system, and test everything to ensure proper operation.
Once installed, we’ll show you how to optimize your heat pump’s performance and discuss the general maintenance steps every homeowner should perform to ensure energy-efficient operation, including when to schedule a tune-up.
Repairing Your Broken Heat Pump
Heat pumps are durable and reliable, but like all mechanical equipment, components will wear out over time. When your heat pump falters and fails, prompt repairs by a certified HVAC specialist are essential for maintaining your comfort.
More importantly, promptly repairing your heat pump will help protect other components from undue stress and strain, which can lead to additional failures.
Some of the most common causes of heat pump failures include:
- Refrigerant leaks: Refrigerant is toxic, and loss of refrigerant will diminish system performance.
- Electrical failure: Short circuits are potentially dangerous and can result in fire or electrocution.
- Broken reversing valve: This will diminish performance and reduce heating and cooling capacity.
- Short-cycling: Short-cycling can indicate problems with the thermostat, electrical faults, dirty coils, or faulty compressor.
- Freezing up: If the unit freezes up or defrost cycles fail, it can indicate a problem with airflow through the air vents or a clogged filter.
Schedule Heat Pump Services in Waldorf
At Southern Pride Service, our family-owned and -operated company proudly serves homeowners in Waldorf, MD, and surrounding communities. For 30 years, our HVAC specialists have helped homeowners enjoy safe, reliable, energy-efficient comfort.
We specialize in designing, engineering, and installing whole-home HVAC systems optimized for performance in Maryland’s climate. When you entrust your comfort to our heat pump specialists, you’ll always receive efficient, trustworthy, fair, and honest service.
When you contact Southern Pride Service for your HVAC needs, you can count on:
- Same-day service
- Fair, upfront pricing
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed