Reasons to Replace Your Thermostat
While thermostats are pretty long-lasting, there are a number of reasons why you may need to replace yours. Here are five common reasons for replacing your thermostat:
- Your thermostat is damaged. Not only will a damaged thermostat not work properly, it can also cause serious problems with your home’s wiring and HVAC unit.
- You’ve replaced your furnace or AC unit. If you’ve upgraded your home’s heating or cooling system, it’s a good idea to upgrade your thermostat too.
- Your thermostat and HVAC system aren’t working together. If you’re experiencing HVAC issues and nothing you’ve tried seems to do the trick, you could need a new thermostat.
- Your thermostat is in the wrong place. If your thermostat is in working order but you aren’t getting even heating or cooling throughout your home, your thermostat could be in the wrong spot and sending the wrong signals to your furnace or AC unit.
- Your thermostat is old. If your thermostat has hit the 35-year mark, it’s definitely time for an upgrade. Modern, digital thermostats are more reliable than outdated, dial-style ones.
If any of these sounds like something you’re experiencing, then it may be time for a new thermostat. Call Southern Pride Service today at (301) 932-4925 to schedule a new thermostat installation service.
Beneficial Features of Modern Smart Thermostats
As most of our technology has transitioned over to being “smart,” thermostats are not excluded. Modern smart thermostats include many beneficial features, including:
- Compatibility with other smart devices. You can sync your smart thermostat to your home’s automated lights, music, and appliances. These systems can all work together as a smart home system.
- Mobile and online convenience. With a smart thermostat, you can conveniently change temperature settings from your computer or smartphone.
- Geofencing with your smart phone. By using your phone’s GPS, you can automate your HVAC savings by having your system turn on and off depending on whether you’re home or away.
- Room-specific temperature settings. Smart thermostats allow you to control the temperatures of particular rooms in your home according to your needs and schedule.
- Pattern learning. Some smart thermostats can learn your habits to help keep your home comfortable.
Interested in installing a smart thermostat in your home? Contact Southern Pride Service now to discuss your options or give us a call at (301) 932-4925 to set up an appointment.
Why Choose Southern Pride Service
At Southern Pride Service, we make every single customer our top priority. No matter what your thermostat needs are, you can expect prompt and reliable service from us. Our trained technicians will provide you with the best thermostat options for your needs and perform a quality installation. You can trust us to install your new thermostat right the first time. Afterwards, we’ll be sure to show you how to use your new thermostat so you can start enjoying a comfortable home right away.
To schedule a thermostat installation appointment, give us a call now at (301) 932-4925.