Indoor Air Contaminants Are Hurting You

by | Jan 31, 2020 | General Information | 0 comments

The World Health Organization estimates that about 4.3 million people die each year because of indoor air contaminants. 

With U.S. households spending about 90 percent of their time indoors, this is an alarming statistic.

But, why is the air we are breathing in our homes so harmful? And, how can we protect ourselves better?

 

Indoor Air Can Be 5X More Polluted.

As dust particles, pesticides, bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants get trapped in our homes, they are affecting the actual safety of our air.

It’s not just unpleasant to breathe, it’s quite frankly dangerous.

If the air in your home feels stale, damp or stuffy, you need to find the root cause of it immediately.

What are some of the most common indoor pollutants?

  • Dust
  • Radon
  • Moisture
  • Combustion Products
  • VOCs

Who are the most “at-risk” to be affected by Indoor Air Contamination?

60 percent of the 4.3 million deaths from indoor pollutants die from heart-related issues and the other 40 percent die from lung issues.

Even brief exposure can cause severe symptoms.

Be sure to watch for the following occurrences:

  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness
  • Headaches
  • Frequent Upper Respiratory Infections
  • Watery Eyes or Itching
  • Sneezing
  • Coughing
  • Sore Throat

Our HVAC specialists can install high-efficiency filters to make sure you and your family are safe.

Focusing on improvements with your home ventilation system is the best way to prevent and filter out common indoor air contaminants. Keeping your home on a regular HVAC maintenance schedule can eliminate problems from occurring in the first place. (Learn more about our maintenance plan here.)

Wrapping It Up

Southern Pride Service Inc. cares about the health of you and your family. By following the tips above, you can start to reduce your indoor air contaminants and protect your family. Should you need expert help from a professional, let us help by scheduling preventative maintenance, detecting and preventing radon exposure, and by making sure your HVAC system is ventilating properly.

Contact us today to schedule a visit with one of our expert technicians, the health of your family is at stake.

Air Conditioning Repair Services

 If your air conditioning system isn't working properly, prompt repair is important to keep you comfortable in your home. Southern Pride Service offers cooling system repair services for AC systems of all types. This includes:

  • Central air conditioning system repair

  • Heat pump repair

  • Ductless air conditioning system repair

  • Geothermal system repair

Our experienced HVAC team can diagnose and treat all types of AC problems. Some common reasons that you might need cooling system repair include:

  • Air conditioner won't turn on 

  • Air conditioner won't cool properly 
  • Freezing of the outdoor unit

  • Leaks

  • Unusual sounds or smells

  • Electrical problems

Our repair technicians use the latest tools and technology to diagnose your system's needs. We offer fair, upfront pricing and prompt repair services.

 Schedule AC repair now so you can be cool and comfortable in your home. Call 301-932-4925 or contact us online.

 

Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement Services

 When it comes time to replace an older or faulty air conditioning system, or install an entirely new unit, our team will recommend the best system for your home and budget.  We'll work with you to take the stress out of the install process with quick and efficient service. We also offer financing options to make it more affordable. 

 Some signs that you're in need of replacement include:

  • Cost of repair is high, so replacement is more cost-effective

  • The system is 10 years old or older

  • You're struggling with frequent breakdowns

  • The system still runs on Freon

 For your air conditioning installation quote, contact the pros at Southern Pride Service.

 

Keep Your System Properly Maintained with Southern Pride Service

 Proper AC maintenance helps extend the life span of your air conditioning and cooling system and reduce the risk of a breakdown. We offer air conditioning  maintenance plans that will help you keep your system running properly to proactively avoid costly issues and repairs later down the line. We recommend scheduling maintenance at the start of the cooling season, so that your HVAC system can operate as efficiently as possible all season long.

 Is your air conditioner overdue for maintenance? Schedule it today by calling 301-932-4925 or contacting Southern Pride Service online for help.